article thumbnail

Vietnam and Indonesia Join TechSoup Asia’s Growing Family

Tech Soup

We proudly welcome NGO partners Vietnet-ICT and the Lin Centre in Vietnam, as well as ASEAN Foundation , Kopernik Marketplace , and YCAB Foundation in Indonesia to the TechSoup Global family. They are all part of TechSoup Asia , which serves charities in the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand — and now Vietnam and Indonesia.

article thumbnail

#4Change Chat Wrap-Up: Community Building

Amy Sample Ward

Last week, I had a fun time moderating the June #4Change Twitter Chat on Online Community Building. Best Practices: From @davidahood: Still strongly believe that there has to be an element of face to face/on the ground connection to any successful engagement and mobilisation of any community. is persuasive, convincing, has charisma.

Community 132
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Stick To Our Knitting? What Is TechSoup?

Tech Soup

This is what I wrote: "The specific and primary purpose of the corporation is to engage in educational and charitable activities which educate the public regarding the appropriate use of computer technology." These organizations deliver TechSoup product donations and educational support in their communities. There was no web.

Asia 54
article thumbnail

Non-Boring #Tech4Good Meetings for Nonprofits

Tech Soup

NetSquared organizers bring together the nonprofit technology community for face-to-face meetings. If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar. Naples, Florida: How to use Technology to Communicate and Manage Volunteers.

article thumbnail

Conservation Planners Use Benetech's Miradi Software to Help Save Reefs in Guam

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

Rare, which is based in Arlington, Virginia, uses Miradi in all its worldwide campaigns to promote biodiversity and has translated the Miradi software into Bahasa Indonesia, Mandarin and Spanish. Elaina also proposed the introduction of a hotline for community members to report fire violations and a fire violation citations program.

Guam 124
article thumbnail

Improve Your Fundraising Approach and Skills at NetSquared Meetups

Tech Soup

With more than 75 events scheduled for October, there's probably an event scheduled for your community, so RSVP now for one of our meetups. If you're holding monthly events that gather the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar, or apply today to start your own NetSquared group.

article thumbnail

Reflections on a Weekend with Ze Frank and His Online Community

Museum 2.0

About 700 people participated over two days, including some who had traveled to Santa Cruz from London, Indonesia, and across the US. In some ways, this event reminded me of the Ontario Science Centre's YouTube Meetup in 2008 --a real-time, physical event to support an online community. It was pretty freaking amazing.