article thumbnail

Open Source and the Promise of Sustainable Nutrition Security

Beneblog: Technology Meets Society

Jerry and I had a great conversation about open sourcing of agricultural scientific models, such as those used by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in their climate change reports. agriculture CIMSANS climate change CSR food security Gerald Nelson open data open source SocialCoding4Good'

article thumbnail

New leap for open source CMS vendor

Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology

Mpower Open, the vendor who took their high-end CRM/DMS product, MPX , open source last year, has adopted a new name, Orange Leap. The pricing of the hosted version is definitely competitive. Their new products (as well as MPX) have “community editions&# - mostly they lack services and support, which makes sense.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Architecting Composable Digital Experiences

Forum One

Finding cost-effective ways to launch new services, having the ability to iterate quickly, providing non-resource intensive access to remote and underserved communities, and creating the most accessible and secure experiences possible, just to name a few. This means a more performant and less resource-intensive experience.

Digital 91
article thumbnail

How not to treat an open source user community

Home About Me Subscribe Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology Thoughtful and sometimes snarky perspectives on nonprofit technology How not to treat an open source user community October 4, 2007 I’ve been using activeCollab for a few months now. Almost all of our development work goes into the community version.

article thumbnail

How to Choose the Right CMS for Your Nonprofit

Allegiance Group

This article will discuss several key points to help you make an informed decision, covering topics such as open-source vs. closed-source platforms, software costs, licensing methods, and more. Many do not have open-source code, but some, like Umbraco, do. Nevertheless, choosing isn’t simply about popularity.

article thumbnail

Free and open source tool #6: Joomla!

Home About Me Subscribe Zen and the Art of Nonprofit Technology Thoughtful and sometimes snarky perspectives on nonprofit technology Free and open source tool #6: Joomla! They have an amazing user community, and there are places to get amazing themes. Joomla is growing fast. They just released version 1.5, 4 admin 02.05.08

article thumbnail

Open Source Donor Management Systems: Know Your Options

NTEN

Costs vary as well -- and there are even some Free and Open Source options. You’ll need someone familiar with installing and configuring open source systems on a Web server in order to get you up and running. It also offers a hosted version for $1,668 per user per year, including support. Orange Leap MPX.