article thumbnail

Why Community Climate Action is Critical to Global Action

Saleforce Nonprofit

We invited WEF attendees to take a break from the hustle and bustle by going on a guided walking tour where they would hear from students and activists about their sustainability journeys at several stops connected to climate action, on both a global and a community level.

Action 52
article thumbnail

How a Community of Long-Term Monthly Donors Make a Long-Term Difference

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Families in need can access small, affordable loans and expert local resources to make household taps and toilets a reality, immediately. The sustainability of this approach resonates with the philanthropic interests of Water.org’s monthly donors who are: Smart – They invest in global progress through efficient and scalable solutions.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

New on SSIR: Global Tools for Going Local

Amy Sample Ward

. —– I truly believe that in all communications, information sharing, marketing and even community building there is a natural balancing between more-and-more-global and more-and-more-local. Social media may connect people around the world but it can also connect them locally. FourSquare.

Local 143
article thumbnail

Empowering Young Voices Globally in the Fight for Climate Justice

Saleforce Nonprofit

In recent years, the global youth climate action movement has risen up to demand that world leaders listen to science and mandate climate and environmental education. As a result, educators have an important opportunity to harness and facilitate this passion by connecting students to the global citizen science community.

Voice 98
article thumbnail

Leveraging Technology to Respond to Global Crises

Cloud 4 Good

From responding to a global pandemic to standing up for equality and reacting to ongoing geopolitical forces, our nonprofits are leading the charge in bettering our communities. Since 2020, the global community has seen geopolitical uncertainty and a pandemic. Supporting the Global Community to Create a Lasting Impact.

Global 81
article thumbnail

25 Global Trends in Giving That Nonprofits Need to Know About

Nonprofit Tech for Good

6,057 donors completed the 2018 Global Trends in Giving Survey and based on their responses, the donor community worldwide is made up of primarily women (65%) who have a liberal ideology (53%) , characterize themselves as religious (72%), and give between ($101-$1,000 USD) annually (43%). 20% say Instagram, and 13% say Twitter.

article thumbnail

June #4Change Chat: Local Community Organizing

Amy Sample Ward

I love community organizing. I’ve had experience organizing communities offline in local communities, and organizing community online – but the kind of organizing that inspires me the most is combining online and offline. What are the online community organizing best practices from your experience?

Local 145