article thumbnail

Attention Data Nerds: The Future is Now: Mobile Strategies for Social Impact

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

For those of us in the social sector, the promise of universal access raises a host of new possibilities to improve economic, educational, health, and social conditions in underserved communities. My favorite example of how mobile technology is literally putting power in the hands, pockets and purses of people is Fresno BusTracker.

Fresno 99
article thumbnail

Member Round Up: Happy Labor Day Weekend!

NTEN

Now in its third year, the conference is the largest Agile community event serving the DC metro area, and is an opportunity for folks, from Agile novices to experienced pracitioners, to gather, exchange ideas, and learn from leading local luminaries. co-author of the Agile Manifesto, and founding member of The AgileAlliance.

Fresno 59
article thumbnail

Community Science Workshops and Shared Authorship of Space: Interview with Emilyn Green

Museum 2.0

Imagine the most community-based science center possible. Imagine it in a poor, immigrant farmworker community. In a Community Science Workshop. A couple months ago, I visited a Community Science Workshop for the first time in Watsonville, CA. Can you give me the overview of Community Science Workshops? It thrives.

Green 20