article thumbnail

Improve Your Fundraising Approach and Skills at NetSquared Meetups

Tech Soup

With more than 75 events scheduled for October, there's probably an event scheduled for your community, so RSVP now for one of our meetups. If you're holding monthly events that gather the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar, or apply today to start your own NetSquared group.

article thumbnail

TechSoup Local Impact Map Profile: Nonprofits Back to School — In Brazil

Tech Soup

Education is a major focus for nonprofits and NGOs, accounting for 9% of NGO activity worldwide. UNESCO views NGOs' role in fundamental economic development as crucial, especially in countries where governments are unable to adequately educate schoolchildren. Education Is a Major Nonprofit Activity. spanhidden.

Brazil 36
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

TechSoup Local Impact Map Profile: Nonprofits Back to School — In Brazil

Tech Soup

Education is a major focus for nonprofits and NGOs, accounting for 9% of NGO activity worldwide. views NGOs' role in fundamental economic development as crucial, especially in countries where governments are unable to adequately educate schoolchildren. Education Is a Major Nonprofit Activity.

Brazil 60
article thumbnail

What Is Your Net2Local Group Cooking Up?

Tech Soup

Add : Community management, big data, mobile apps or social media… Mix in : hackathons, social media surgeries, workshops, panel discussions or social minglers… Our amazing volunteers have put together a delicious menu of events for you this month. Check out the blog to keep on top of the gossip from our community.

Group 47
article thumbnail

Building the Tech Capacity of Nonprofits Everywhere with TechSoup's NetSquared Events

Tech Soup

We believe that NGOs learn best from each other, so NetSquared provides a platform where we can come together face to face to share technology tips and create a community of practice around tech for good. Every month our global network of community organizers hosts Tech4Good events in more than 70 cities.

article thumbnail

Nonprofit Technology News: The Demise of Facebook Causes and Cloud Storage for Charities

Tech Soup

” To be fair, Causes describes the acquisition as a new chapter for the Causes community. Hackers in a group called Rex Mundi broke into Domino's Pizza IT system in Europe and stole records for 600,000 customers in France and Belgium. Perhaps demise is too strong a word, then. Salesforce1: Cloud Computing Will Save The World.

Charity 65
article thumbnail

[VIDEO] Emerging Trends in Nonprofit Social Media Marketing

Bloomerang

So, yes, I think the Global NGO Technology Report found the majority of nonprofits do agree social media is effective for creating brand awareness. I recommend always, always, always I talk about this, focus on building a real community that will follow you no matter where you set up shop, they will follow you no matter where you set up shop.