article thumbnail

COVID-19 case study: Changing funding practices in Europe

Candid

Based on Philea’s recent analysis of surveys, in-depth interviews, and meetings with European foundations, we’ve seen how the pandemic has had significant implications for the way philanthropy operates in Europe. International giving was not limited within the borders of Europe, however.

Europe 98
article thumbnail

25 Global Trends in Giving That Nonprofits Need to Know About

Nonprofit Tech for Good

6,057 donors completed the 2018 Global Trends in Giving Survey and based on their responses, the donor community worldwide is made up of primarily women (65%) who have a liberal ideology (53%) , characterize themselves as religious (72%), and give between ($101-$1,000 USD) annually (43%). Donors are also highly engaged in civic life.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

22 Statistics About #GivingTuesday Donors Worldwide

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Europe – 6%. International development and relief – 6%. Community development – 3%. From the 2020 Global Trends in Giving Report : 2) 9% of donors worldwide donated to a nonprofit, NGO, or charity on GivingTuesday 2019. By Region: Africa – 12%. Asia – 26%. Australia and New Zealand – 7%.

article thumbnail

#IFC2014 International Fundraising Congress: Inspire, Connect, Transform

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

I’m just back from a trip to Europe where I was part of the opening plenary at this year’s International Fundraising Congress outside of Amsterdam. (I Source: Pamela Sutton-Legaud. I also keynoted the NGO track at the Internet Festival in Pisa, Italy (more about that in separate post later).

article thumbnail

Global philanthropy responds to the Ukraine crisis

Candid

The UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) head Filippo Grandi described this humanitarian disaster as “the fastest-moving refugee crisis we have seen in Europe since the end of the Second World War”. million that will be internally displaced and 12 million who will need humanitarian assistance of some kind. Pledges by funder type.

Ukraine 126
article thumbnail

Leveraging Technology to Respond to Global Crises

Cloud 4 Good

From responding to a global pandemic to standing up for equality and reacting to ongoing geopolitical forces, our nonprofits are leading the charge in bettering our communities. Shifting Quickly to Support International Crises. Since 2020, the global community has seen geopolitical uncertainty and a pandemic.

Global 81
article thumbnail

12 Demographic & Technology Trends Changing the Nonprofit Sector Worldwide

Nonprofit Tech for Good

Rapid population growth and migration is dramatically changing societies and ecosystems worldwide and as this future unfolds nonprofits, NGOs, and charities will play a central role in safeguarding the world’s most vulnerable communities, the land upon which they live, and the wildlife that surrounds them. billion now.