article thumbnail

Please Welcome NTEN's New Membership Director: Amy Sample Ward

NTEN

We're pleased to announce a new member of the NTEN Team: Amy Sample Ward. We're thrilled to welcome her as our new Membership Director. Don't worry, Annaliese will continue her work with NTEN, as our Publications Director.) You may have heard of her. We anticipate great things.

Sample 100
article thumbnail

Understanding the Psychology of Why Donors Give to Nonprofits

Nonprofit Tech for Good

When time and resources are scarce, it’s easier to send out the same fundraising message to everyone in your community. Sample identities could be “community leader” or “survivor” or “change maker.”. If you answered “no…well actually… maybe,” then you are not alone. Why is the Psychology of Giving Important?

Donor 287
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Autism After 21 Utah Project: Lessons from a first-time fundraiser

Candid

I had recently joined Madison House Autism Foundation as the Director of the Autism After 21 Utah Project (AA21 Utah). Our mission is to develop neuro-inclusive communities for adults with autism and other intellectual or developmental disabilities to ensure that everybody has a place and a sense of belonging in the world.

Utah 105
article thumbnail

How to Use Trial & Error to Find the Right Fundraisers for Your Nonprofit

Nonprofit Tech for Good

What do you do to continue to support your organization in its efforts to make a difference in your community and in the world? If community engagement and growing your membership are bigger priorities over near-term fundraising, focus on bringing people together for something that’s fun and can include friends.

article thumbnail

How to Start a Nonprofit: 12 Essential Steps for Success

Bloomerang

Does the community have a strong need for this nonprofit? Make sure that by starting a new nonprofit, you’ll be able to fulfill an unmet need in the community. Does the community seem excited about your nonprofit idea? Look into relevant laws regarding starting a nonprofit in your community.

article thumbnail

Online Community Organizing: Start small, think big!

Amy Sample Ward

NetSquared’s February series exploring “Online Community Organizing” includes three different interviews; I’m really excited to participate! I work in and support nonprofit organizations, and my focus on communities isn’t to suggest that organizations are “bad” or aren’t making a difference.

Community 179
article thumbnail

Bitcoin for Nonprofits: Cryptocurrency Fundraising for the Future

Nonprofit Tech for Good

By Alex Wilson , Director of BlockShop DC and founding partner of The Giving Block. Those nonprofits that have an active strategy to engage the cryptocurrency community has seen significantly are the most likely to succeed in the early adoption phase. Let’s start with the basics. Why does that matter? Yes, but not very many.

DC 227