article thumbnail

Announcing the Third Impact Lab on Climate Justice

Saleforce Nonprofit

Recognizing that the effects of climate change aren’t equal, this lab aims to co-design a technology solution to support low-income communities of color that are most impacted by the climate crisis. Impact Labs convenes community experts across sectors to co-create new technology solutions to support specific issue areas.

Impact 116
article thumbnail

10 Tips for Better Grant Management Processes

sgEngage

Colleen Calandra, CFO of Sacramento Children’s Home , advises, “For those of you in finance, hopefully you’re already working with your CEO, executive director, and their networks…the more people you can meet in the business that you operate in, the more ideas that can be shared.” Highlight your community.

Grant 96
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

When Fundraising Disaster Strikes, What Should You Do?

Tech Soup

This year, charities in 54 communities across the country got going on their fundraising campaigns, only to find out that the online donation apparatus went down in the middle of the big day. Upon completion, we will communicate our findings and the actions taken to mitigate any related issues. " Nonprofit Community Reactions.

article thumbnail

Two Ways To Use Crowdsourcing for Face-to-Face Conferences

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Next week on March 1-2, the First 5 California and the Water Cooler Joint Conference will take place in Sacramento. What struck me is that you need to use community building techniques – you have highlight ideas as they emerge from the process to inspire others to participate. Here’s a few examples I’ve seen lately.

article thumbnail

Social Media Lab: How To Become A Networked Nonprofit

Last week, we had the final session of the “ Social Media Lab ,&# a social media peer group training with a small group of grantees from the Children, Families, Communities Program , that was launched a few months ago. The best part of this design is that participants are the content – the community is the curriculum!

article thumbnail

Craigslist Nonprofit Boot Camps in Berkeley and Brooklyn

Have Fun - Do Good

After the Boot Camp in 2005, I wrote up notes from the five sessions I attended: Strategic Communications Planning, Building the Local Green Economy, The Seven Things You Need to Know to Raise Money, Community Organizing and Action, and Volunteerism Recruitment and Management, which you can read here.

article thumbnail

Giving Days and Beyond the Dollars: What Have We Learned?

The tech failure that disrupted the national Give Local America Day fundraising campaign in May 2016 raised a big question for community foundations hosting giving days: What can they do differently to ensure smooth sailing in the future? Dana Rinderknect, Director of Online Giving for Colorado Gives has gone through the exercise.