article thumbnail

The Public Argument About Arts Support as Seen through the Lens of the Detroit Institute of Arts

Museum 2.0

Earlier this month, the Detroit Institute of Arts was "saved" by a voter-approved property tax (called a "millage") in its three surrounding counties. Residents in the three counties that pay the millage will receive special benefits : free admission to the museum and expanded educational programming. Vote with your money instead."

Detroit 49
article thumbnail

Funding & Grant Resources For Nonprofits Focused On Arts & Culture

Bloomerang

So, while there are a few global and national options below, most are targeted to their communities. The arts and culture focus areas in this list include performing arts, artists, art education programs, museums, visual arts, and beyond. Oregon Community Foundation. The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.

Arts 106
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

A Decade of Museums and Museum Work

Museum 2.0

I was thinking I’d do a few alternative histories of museums for the first post of the last month of the decade. As I imagined a world without the many museum tech projects of the decade, I felt inherently sad about the imagining away the successes that friends and colleagues have enjoying. But I couldn’t get there.

Museum 21
article thumbnail

22 Must-Circle Nonprofits on Google+

Nonprofit Tech for Good

As a follow-up to Google+ Best Practices for Nonprofits and 22 Must-Circle Nonprofit Bloggers and Resources on Google+ , below are 22 nonprofits that are regularly using Google+ effectively to engage and inspire the Google+ community. Detroit Symphony Orchestra. The Field Museum. Google+ is definitely a work in progress.

Google 216
article thumbnail

Funding & Grant Resources For Nonprofits Focused On Arts & Culture

Kindful

So, while there are a few global and national options below, most are targeted to their communities. The arts and culture focus areas in this list include performing arts, artists, art education programs, museums, visual arts, and beyond. Oregon Community Foundation. The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.

Arts 73
article thumbnail

Instead of Selling Objects, Build Public Trust

Museum 2.0

You run a regional museum. Now, you have a new vision--co-created with trustees and community leaders--for a path forward. This is the plan that plunged the Berkshire Museum into hot water. Rockwell donated those paintings himself to the Berkshire Museum to be enjoyed in his home community. How will you pay for it?

Public 40
article thumbnail

Pollination Project: $1,000 seed grants to individual change makers

Have Fun - Do Good

You can find information about how to apply on the Pollination Project website, follow them on Twitter at @Pollinationproj, and like them on Facebook.

Project 79