article thumbnail

Member Round Up: Corn Dogs! Interactive Maps!

NTEN

GOOD Maker, in a partnership with NTEN, announced Detroit's Green Economy Leadership Training (Solidarity) winner of their Use Technology for Good challenge. Solidarity 's winning idea, 'Off Grid Solar System for an Urban Farm', will use the grant to install a solar energy system at Food Field, a four-acre organic, urban farm in Detroit.

Map 68
article thumbnail

The Public Argument About Arts Support as Seen through the Lens of the Detroit Institute of Arts

Museum 2.0

Earlier this month, the Detroit Institute of Arts was "saved" by a voter-approved property tax (called a "millage") in its three surrounding counties. I'm focusing on the community response to the prospect of the millage and the way the public debate reflects broader conversations about the public value of the arts.

Detroit 49
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Nonprofits and App Developers Combine Forces for Community Change

Tech Soup

But what if an app could be used to help nonprofits, public libraries, and other community groups organize and solve pressing problems? Refuge Restrooms is a web application and a mobile app (Android and iOS) that crowdsources and maps locations of gender-neutral and trans-safe bathrooms. Connecting People to Vital Services.

article thumbnail

Great reads from around the web on August 23rd

Amy Sample Ward

Facebook vs. Twitter vs. … Part 1: T… – Lithosphere Community – "Michael was voted a 2010 Influential Leader by CRM Magazine for his work on predictive social analytics and its application to Social CRM. Of course, I will compare and contrast them to the new kids on the block (i.e.

Web 135
article thumbnail

Growing the NetSquared Community

Tech Soup

If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar. Communications Networking Lunch. Detroit, Michigan: Office 365 Setup Event — FREE Email for Your Domain! Logo and Map : Elijah van der Giessen / CC BY-NC.

article thumbnail

Need Hands-on Help? NetSquared's Free Workshops Are in Your Community

Tech Soup

If you're holding monthly events gathering the #nptech community, let me know , and I'll include you in the next community calendar. Detroit, Michigan: SeeClickFix Summer Workshop. Detroit, Michigan: SeeClickFix Summer Workshop. Or, apply today to start your own NetSquared group. Thursday, June 8, 2017.

article thumbnail

8 Apps That May (Actually) Change San Francisco

Tech Soup

So it's refreshing to come to an event where techies and nonprofits convene to solve deep, real problems that plague our community. Data Collecting and Mapping. This project began as a Code for America project in Detroit. This was the second Social Good Apps Breakfast (read our coverage of the first! Referral Services.