article thumbnail

Trainer’s Notebook: Making Accommodations In Workshops

Beth's Blog: How Nonprofits Can Use Social Media

Last week I facilitated a workshop in Detroit hosed by Co-Act , a nonprofit collaboration space in Detroit. Co-Act is a unique organization, a hub for accelerating collaborative action in Southeast Michigan’s nonprofit community. In my workshop in Detroit, I had several people with physical disabilities.

Detroit 77
article thumbnail

Funding And Grant Resources For Nonprofits Focused On Youth Programs

Kindful

The youth will eventually be the citizens and leaders of tomorrow and ultimately make invaluable contributions to their families, economic growth, peace building, and sustainable development for all of our communities. See if any of the funders serve your community and if you qualify for funding. Areas served: Worldwide. Daniels Fund.

Grant 101
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

The Public Argument About Arts Support as Seen through the Lens of the Detroit Institute of Arts

Museum 2.0

Earlier this month, the Detroit Institute of Arts was "saved" by a voter-approved property tax (called a "millage") in its three surrounding counties. I'm focusing on the community response to the prospect of the millage and the way the public debate reflects broader conversations about the public value of the arts.

Detroit 49
article thumbnail

How Game On Cancer Cracked the Code on Engaging Physicians and Cancer Survivors

Connection Cafe

Without the backing of a national organization’s flashy brand, sexy advertising campaign , or robust budget – engaging grateful patients at a local level can sometimes feel impossible. The physicians were nominated by leadership at the Henry Ford Cancer Institute and the Detroit Lions. Second Quarter .

Cancer 48
article thumbnail

Funding & Grant Resources For Nonprofits Focused On Education

Kindful

California Community Foundation. Oregon Community Foundation. Arizona Community Foundation. Baltimore Community Foundation. Mellon foundation seeks to build just communities enriched by meaning and empowered by critical thinking, where ideas and imagination can thrive. McCormick Foundation. The Skillman Foundation.

Education 111
article thumbnail

Need Hands-on Help? NetSquared's Free Workshops Are in Your Community

Tech Soup

NetSquared groups focus on topics that address their unique local tech challenges, but once a quarter, we select a common theme. In the US, the Chicago and Portland groups visited their local Microsoft stores to learn how to leverage the Office 365 donation. Detroit, Michigan: SeeClickFix Summer Workshop. Thursday, June 8, 2017.

article thumbnail

Nonprofits and App Developers Combine Forces for Community Change

Tech Soup

But what if an app could be used to help nonprofits, public libraries, and other community groups organize and solve pressing problems? Of all the projects presented, the Detroit Water Project might be the most well-known. The Acres app helps support community wellness by connecting urban farmers with land for lease.