article thumbnail

Challenging Conversations—Tackling Risk

.orgSource

Financial managers make understanding the group’s risk tolerance a defining component of their strategy. These conversations are limited to bottom-line issues. For some groups that disruption also offered seeds of opportunity. The conversation can easily devolve into unproductive speculation. No one was exempt.

article thumbnail

International Leadership, Women’s Issues, and Branding—A Conversation With Allison K. Summers, CAE

.orgSource

Our discussion about the Summit Award launched a wide-ranging conversation. An expert on branding startups, executive leadership, governance, and more, Allison has deep roots in the association community. The recognition, the program’s success, and its critical mission are badges of accomplishment for the group.

professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Introducing our Book Group Facilitation Guide!

VQ Strategies

When we first conceived of the book, Transforming Disruption to Impact , our goal was to spark conversation about the innovations and adaptations that have been vital to sustaining the power of volunteers despite the many disruptions we have all experienced in recent years. So what better way to read it than to do so as part of conversations?

article thumbnail

Rethinking Service Days – Join our Conversation

VQ Strategies

On the positive side, they are an effective device to raise the profile of volunteering in our communities. I had hoped it would fuel some conversations, which it most certainly did, but it launched conversations not only about service days, rather about many things. Because national days of service such as MLK Jr.

article thumbnail

Strategies to utilize your online community platform for better board management

Nimble AMS

Rather than task an employee with more work , your organizati on can l eve rage innovative association management software (AMS) with its online community platform to streamline board management. Using your AMS and online community empowers board members and leadership teams to work smarter, move faster, and achieve more for your association.

article thumbnail

Beyond Bronze, Silver, and Gold—Grow Success With Purpose

.orgSource

I’ve always regarded Garth as a forward thinker, but during our conversation, he revealed a futurist credential that surprised me. Beyond technology, there are cultural shifts that are making a major impact on the association community. Community building and engagement are new priorities. Trust has declined in every sector. “I

article thumbnail

Leverage your online community for maximum member engagement and loyalty

Nimble AMS

The Community Brands 2022 Association Trends Study reports that the first reason members join associations is to network, and the sixth is to socialize. Is your association maximizing the reach of your online community? Keep reading for three key tips to improve the member experience with your online community platform.

Community 133