Remove Collaboration Remove Community Remove Global Remove Local
article thumbnail

Foundations step up funding to bolster trust in local news 

Candid

news organizations, specifically local news outlets, have been rapidly dwindling. The COVID-19 pandemic brought more challenges for the industry, as demand for local news grew but revenue and outlets shrank. MacArthur, and William and Flora Hewlett Foundations have recognized the importance of a vibrant local news ecosystem.

Local 52
article thumbnail

Today is National Telephone Day!

VisionLink

Globally, more than 1.5 Thousands of caring, local experts are available to help 24/7. Thousands of caring, local experts are available to help 24/7. These are the boots on the ground, the local experts who make finding help easier. billion calls are made every second! Powered by people. Visionlink.

National 130
professionals

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

article thumbnail

Empowering Young Voices Globally in the Fight for Climate Justice

Saleforce Nonprofit

In recent years, the global youth climate action movement has risen up to demand that world leaders listen to science and mandate climate and environmental education. As a result, educators have an important opportunity to harness and facilitate this passion by connecting students to the global citizen science community.

Voice 98
article thumbnail

Transform Your Communications & Collaboration With Slack

Saleforce Nonprofit

Increase Collaboration and Engagement for Students, Faculty, and Staff. Education institutions across the globe are using Slack to enhance engagement and collaboration. Arizona State University (ASU), for instance, needed an easier way for its students, faculty, and staff to communicate, share lesson plans, and gather feedback.

article thumbnail

New on SSIR: Global Tools for Going Local

Amy Sample Ward

. —– I truly believe that in all communications, information sharing, marketing and even community building there is a natural balancing between more-and-more-global and more-and-more-local. Social media may connect people around the world but it can also connect them locally. FourSquare.

Local 143
article thumbnail

How an Effective Partner Ecosystem Strives for Collaboration Over Competition

Saleforce Nonprofit

Think about that for a moment — we have over 300 consulting and product partners that are serving thousands of organizations and institutions globally. Salesforce.org Partners and Staff collaborating at our last in-person Partner Summit in 2019. OFM: A Model for Partner Participation in Open Source Community Projects.

article thumbnail

How Grantmakers Can Improve Collaboration Through Empathy and Experimentation

sgEngage

Also, most of the foundations I talked to found it difficult to collaborate with other foundations. From this learning, I was left with the question, “How can collaborations thrive when everyone feels that they are “unique”? The key, I’ve found, is approaching collaboration with empathy and testing your assumptions.