| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | ROBERT WEINER
SEPTEMBER 20, 2012 Blackbaud kills Common Ground: So What?
One of the discussions during NTEN’s community call about Blackbaud’s purchase of Convio was whether the nonprofit community should band together and build its own donor management system rather than being dependent on for-profit vendors. That discussion continued on my blog. million nonprofits in the U.S. nonprofits.
| | ROBERT WEINER
DECEMBER 21, 2012 Training on your new database
discussed training at a high level on page 13 of this chapter from CASE's Handbook of Institutional Advancement. A question was posted to a listserve for nonprofit techies looking for tips on training staff on a new database. Not everyone can train. It's an art. Train them again just before going live. Train end users just before going live.
| | ROBERT WEINER
AUGUST 24, 2009 TechSoup’s New Site Design
TechSoup , the nonprofit tech web site where I host a discussion forum, went live with a redesigned home page over the weekend. love the new look, although it's only skin-deep. This is Phase 1 and only affects the home page--most links take you to pages on the old site, with a the old design and the old navigation. single sign-on for our U.S.
| | ROBERT WEINER
MARCH 17, 2013 On the value of donor database ratings
In fact, the section of the report that discusses how to go about choosing a system concludes: Each available option has its own strengths and weaknesses. A colleague forwarded the following email from a vendor and asked how I think a potential buyer should respond. Needs vary tremendously from one organization to the next.
| || || || |
ROBERT WEINER Lame spam of the day: Fake BBC news stories
| WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20, 2013
Clues that it's fake: I don't know the sender; the sender shows as Wendy Kauffman but the text says it came from Rich Webb; it went to an account that I only use for newsletters and discussion
lists; and hovering over the URLs shows that they don't lead to a BBC site. Like most lame spam, this one lacks any formatting or graphics. MORE >>
ROBERT WEINER Tales of faux donors scamming charities
| WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 8, 2012
The following is a compilation of online discussions
of faux donors trying to scam colleges, schools, and nonprofits. In most cases it’s not clear what the scammers are trying to achieve. Maybe they’re just practical jokes. Paul's School, Lori Redfearn at the California State University Chancellor’s Office, Stephen M. They researched online. MORE >>
ROBERT WEINER Free Digital Storytelling Online Event
| MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2009
From September 30 to October 21, TechSoup will host a free Digital Storytelling online event including expert roundtable discussions
, nonprofit case studies, online discussions
, live chat, and a community challenge with a final screening awards ceremony in the virtual world of Second Life. Follow the action on Twitter #tsdigs. MORE >>
ROBERT WEINER What’s a good donor database?
| FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2012
I've been enjoying the discussion
in the Chronicle of Philanthropy's LinkedIn group in response to the question, " What's a good, affordable donor database program for a small non profit? " (you'll probably need to join the group to read the responses). My unofficial tally is that Raiser's Edge and Salesforce have been mentioned the most. MORE >>
ROBERT WEINER Separating Personal and Professional Lives on Social Media
| FRIDAY, APRIL 30, 2010
Andrew Heller discussed
the risks of oversharing in his NTEN blog post Social Media and Privacy: Best Practices for Managing Your Personal and Professional Identities. Do you "friend" your co-workers, clients, or service recipients on Facebook? What about LinkedIn? Are your tweets appropriate for all audiences? MORE >>
- Donor Tracking vs. Business Intelligence ROBERT WEINER | MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21, 2009
- Lame spam of the day: Gaddafi’s money ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, JANUARY 6, 2012
- Lame spams of the day: Robospam promoting Liberty Reserve investments ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, JANUARY 3, 2012
- Making the Case for Advancement Services ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, 2010
- Lame spam of the day: You are highly needed ROBERT WEINER | MONDAY, JULY 2, 2012
- SF Fundraising Day 2010 ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2010
- LinkedIn Discussions Are Spam Magnets ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2009
- Using Facebook Causes to Promote Your Nonprofit: October 13 Online ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2009
- Taking Advantage of a Crisis ROBERT WEINER | MONDAY, AUGUST 17, 2009
- Creating Strong Passwords ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, JULY 29, 2009
- July 21: How Can You Measure the Value of Social Networking? ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, JULY 17, 2009
- Advice for Consultants - Part 3 ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, JULY 17, 2009
- Podcast: How to Use Facebook to Attract Supporters and More ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, JULY 14, 2009
- Transcript: Using Social Networks to Promote Good Causes ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, JUNE 26, 2009
- Online Discussion on June 23: Using Social Networks to Promote Good Causes ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, JUNE 23, 2009
- GivingUSA Reports a Drop in 2008 Giving ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, JUNE 12, 2009
- Transcript: Promoting Causes on Online Social Networks ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, JUNE 9, 2009
- Live Discussion Promoting Causes on Social Networks on June 2 ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, JUNE 2, 2009
- So You Want to Be a Consultant? Part II ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, APRIL 28, 2009
- So You Want to Be a Consultant? ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, APRIL 28, 2009
- Favorite Free Software ROBERT WEINER | SUNDAY, APRIL 19, 2009
- Cn U Raise $ Via Txt? ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2009
- Using Prospect Research to Raise $1 Million ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 11, 2009
- The Quick ‘n Easy Guide to Online Advocacy ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2009
- Fundraising Via Social Media: Pros and Cons ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2009
- Inside the Mind of a Top Donor ROBERT WEINER | THURSDAY, JANUARY 29, 2009
- Early-Bird Discount on the Nonprofit Technology Conference Ends 1/31 ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 28, 2009
- Getting Your Message Out ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2009
- Online Discussion Tomorrow: Getting Your Message Out ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009
- Guessing the Gender of a Name ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, DECEMBER 5, 2008
- Coping with a Troubled Economy ROBERT WEINER | MONDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2008
- Securing USB drives ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 31, 2008
Nonprofit Technology can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.