| || |
|Page 1 of 1 || Previous | Next |
| | ROBERT WEINER
JULY 25, 2010 Chosing a donor database
I get a lot of emails like the following from small nonprofits: We desperately need to get a new donor database and most of them are totally unaffordable!! Looking at the Idealware Low Cost Database report , I find that there are so many considerations that it is quite complicated to make a choice. As you said, there are a lot of considerations.
| | ROBERT WEINER
NOVEMBER 2, 2010 NY Times says text donations system is flawed
One of the presentations at last month’s Association of Advancement Services Professionals conference dealt with mobile giving. m still skeptical about its suitability for most nonprofits, and the NY Times said the same yesterday. But those are big “ifs” and most nonprofits don’t meet those criteria. do expect this to change over time.
| || || |
| | ROBERT WEINER
JUNE 3, 2010 Resources from the Compasspoint Panel
Yesterday I spoke on a fundraising panel at Compasspoint's Silicon Valley/Peninsula Nonprofit Forum and mentioned a variety of resources. Here they are, with links: Donor Retention. AFP's Fundraising Effectiveness Project: [link]. The Agitator’s post “No New Donors! [link]. Attracting New Donors. Ebook: [link]. Donor Databases.
| || | ROBERT WEINER
JANUARY 5, 2010 Ingredients of a High Performing Advancement Services Shop
I've been thinking about what it takes to run a great Advancement Services operation (aka Development Services, Development Operations, Development Systems, the fundraising infrastructure, the back office). While outsiders sometimes view Advancement Services as data entry staff, there's a lot more to it. Understand and use automation appropriately.
| | ROBERT WEINER
MAY 29, 2010 Prizes for Paperless Fundraising
Entries can be submitted between June 15 and September 15, 2010. Have you successfully moved from paper-based direct mail fundraising to digital tools (email, websites, video, social media, widgets, and/or mobile)? Want to gloat about your successes and possibly make some (more) money as well? For more information go to [link]. read more.
| || || || |
ROBERT WEINER Cities Acting Like Nonprofits
| WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2, 2010
I just spoke on a fundraising panel at Compasspoint's Silicon Valley/Peninsula Nonprofit Forum. One takeaway: some California cities are finding that they need to raise private funds to make up for cuts in State and local funding. This means thinking and acting like nonprofits. MORE >>
ROBERT WEINER Getting RSS Feeds Via Email
| SUNDAY, MAY 16, 2010
There are a few RSS feeds I don't want to miss. have an RSS feed reader but I often go for days without looking at it. The surest way for me to be sure see new items is to have them delivered as email messages. Some RSS feeds offer email subscriptions, but most don't. 1) First, you need to go to FeedBurner and set up an account. Click Next. MORE >>
ROBERT WEINER The Limits of “Free” Software
| THURSDAY, MAY 13, 2010
I received an email newsletter today with the following pitch for a web-based donor database (perhaps you can guess which one): The Cloud offers you constituent relationship management (CRM) software that's less expensive, easier to maintain, more accessible, more intuitive, and with greater flexibility and capacity than you've ever seen before. MORE >>
ROBERT WEINER Separating Personal and Professional Lives on Social Media
| FRIDAY, APRIL 30, 2010
Do you "friend" your co-workers, clients, or service recipients on Facebook? What about LinkedIn? Are your tweets appropriate for all audiences? Andrew Heller discussed the risks of oversharing in his NTEN blog post Social Media and Privacy: Best Practices for Managing Your Personal and Professional Identities. Think thrice before acting." MORE >>
ROBERT WEINER Keeping appointment times from moving around
| SUNDAY, APRIL 4, 2010
I've been trying to find a way to keep my appointment times from moving around on my calendar as I change time zones. Here's a description of the problem from Microsoft (edited to match my situation): You are traveling through multiple time zones and need the calendar to display the local time for each appointment. and the dinner is at 7:00 P.M. MORE >>
- Phishing Scam: Habitat for Humanity fundraising ROBERT WEINER | THURSDAY, MARCH 4, 2010
- Impressions of the Palm Pre ROBERT WEINER | MONDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2010
- Lame spam of the day: Fake eFaxes ROBERT WEINER | THURSDAY, AUGUST 16, 2012
- Predictions for Nonprofit Fundraising Technology in 2012 ROBERT WEINER | MONDAY, JANUARY 9, 2012
- Lame spams of the day: assorted LinkedIn ploys ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2012
- Phishing scam of the day: U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change lottery ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, JULY 28, 2010
- Thoughts on Software RFPs ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, MAY 4, 2010
- A Month with the Palm Pre ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, MARCH 5, 2010
- The continuing saga of the new T400S ROBERT WEINER | THURSDAY, JANUARY 28, 2010
- Making the Case for Advancement Services ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, JANUARY 22, 2010
- Setting up my new Thinkpad T400S ROBERT WEINER | TUESDAY, JANUARY 19, 2010
- The Nonprofit Guide to Going Green: Book Release Parties! ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, APRIL 23, 2010
- Jay Love leaving Blackbaud ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, JUNE 9, 2010
- Intuit QuickBooks Premier Editions 2010 (with 3 User License) (TechSoup Limited), Admin Fee: $65.00 USD ROBERT WEINER | THURSDAY, MARCH 31, 2011
- Idealware’s Field Guide to Nonprofit Software: Fundraising, Communications and Outreach ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2010
- Texting for $$: The Definitive Guide ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2010
- SF Fundraising Day 2010 ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2010
- C3 Announces 2010 In-Kind Donation and Grant Program for Nonprofits ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, 2010
- Nominations Closing Soon for $10,000 Pizzigati Prize ROBERT WEINER | SATURDAY, JANUARY 23, 2010
- New Survey: America’s Nonprofits in Danger ROBERT WEINER | FRIDAY, MARCH 27, 2009
- Datamining my Facebook Friends ROBERT WEINER | WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 24, 2008
Nonprofit Technology can personalize the content based on your interests, your LinkedIn profile, what you share on Twitter and LinkedIn, and what content people similar to you are sharing. More on Content Personalization
Sign-in using your social networks so we can begin to personalize your experience.
We need your email and password to allow you to log into your personalization features.
Enter your email address to reset your password. A temporary password will be e-mailed to you so that you may log in.